Kāpō Māori Aotearoa New Zealand Inc.
Closing Date : 23 Mar 2018
Who is Kāpō Māori Aotearoa New Zealand Inc.?
We are an independent national kaupapa Māori disability Not for Profit organisation established and governed by Māori disabled and their whānau. We have a small team of five and are a Māori values led organisation who truly care about the people we work with and for. Our success is making a positive difference in the lives of tangata whai kaha Māōri and their whānau through listening, providing advice and tools that strengthen individual and whānau self-advocacy.
About the Role
We are looking for a highly motivated, organized, reliable and enthusiastic person, who enjoys working with tangata whai kaha Māori (Māori disabled persons) and their whānau. You will be working directly with the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Te Kahui Tumuaki, Administration and Tangata Whaikaha Kaimahi.
You will provide administration support and oversight for the national office and field workers, while directly supporting the CEO. This position is for 40 hours per week and will be based in Hastings.
You’ll receive a thorough induction and on-going training. This position requires that you have no criminal convictions. You will be experienced in working in an office environment, one to one with people and be comfortable in facilitating groups.
What you will do?
- Provide administration and secretarial support to the CEO, organizing meetings, travel and accommodation requirements.
- Provide administration and secretarial support to the National Executive Board, Te Kahui Tumuaki, distributing meeting documentation, attending meetings and organizing travel and accommodation requirements.
- Facilitate weekly meetings with administration and field staff.
- Oversee monthly and weekly planning and tasks for the Administration Assistant.
- Produce Word, Excel and Powerpoint documentation to a high standard.
- Oversee the loading and systematic updating of the Exess electronic member database.
- Prepare the accounts payable for processing by the CEO, and filing once processed.
- Coordinate purchase of stationery, equipment and office supplies and order KMA printed and electronic stationery when required.
- Prepare and manage the publication of the KMA Panui – He Purongo in accessible formats e.g. print, CD audio and email.
- Oversee and implement the Communications Strategy for the society including but not limited to the KMA Website, Facebook page, Webtext and Telephone Information System (TIS Line).
- Complete project related events as discussed and agreed with the CEO including but not limited to Biennial Conference, Regional Hui etc.
- Help Kāpō Māori Aotearoa members and tangata whai kaha Māori whānau network members to obtain advice and information.
Skills and knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- High level personal assistant and secretarial skills.
- Flexibility to concurrently undertake a multitude of tasks and to achieve multiple deadlines.
- Methodical and accurate in one’s work, whilst achieving a high work rate.
- The ability to communicate with a wide variety of people and groups.
- Understanding of the tangata whai kaha hapori (disability community).
- Knowledge, understanding and strong commitment to Te Reo me ngā tikanga Māori
- Understanding, knowledge and strong commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi articles and principles.
- Understanding of the United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (UNCRPD), United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous People (UNDRIP), NZ Disability Strategy and Whāia Te Ao Mārama (Māori Disability Action Plan).
- Understanding of relevant government policies and regulations.
- Computer literate.
- Full-time hours.
- Work from office, 105 Market Street South, Hastings.
- Required to travel locally and nationally.
- Highly motivated – “self starter”.
- No criminal convictions.
- Personal health will not limit the incumbent from performing the tasks required.
- Full and current Driver’s licence.
- Sense of Humour
- People's person.
- Previous secretarial and Executive Assistant experience.
- Word, Excel and Powerpoint processing.
- Māori community work.
- Leadership experience.
What Will I Need?
- A genuine passion to work with tangata whai kaha Māori and whānau, being a good listener and communicator.
- Be computer literate.
- Be a NZ citizen or resident or have a valid NZ work visa.
- Be a team player who is self motivated and can work autonomously and also within a team.
- Keen to learn about kaupapa Māori service principles and practices, focusing on supporting tangata whai kaha Māori and whānau.
If you have the skills we seek, plus a ‘Can Do!’ attitude and want to a member of a supportive and engaging team making a real difference in our community, we would love to hear from you!
Email or phone Adele: firstname.lastname@example.org or Ph. 0800 770990 for an application pack. Please quote reference number EA_MAR2018 on the application.
Applications close: 4pm Friday 23 March 2018.