Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment
Closing Date : 22 Mar 2018
Nau mai, haere mai ki Hīkina Whakatutuki – Welcome to MBIE
An exciting opportunity has come about for a PA/Team Administrator to provide high calibre, confidential support to the Te Tumu Whakarae (Executive Director) of the Māori Economic Development Unit and the team.
You will be client-focused and expected to have an understanding of the business group, branch priorities and business plans and the key agencies with which it interacts with in order to effectively assess priorities or redirection of workflows. A proven experience and/or understanding of ministerial processes (briefings, OIAs PQs etc) experience is preferred but not essential. You will maintain effective internal and external relationships and deal with high level urgent and confidential issues. The role requires high levels of discretion and the ability to work closely with the board and senior management within MBIE. Relationship management is key to the role.
You'll always be two steps ahead of the Tumu Whakarae anticipating what is required and when whilst ensuring that tasks are completed to a high level.
To be successful in this role you need to have:
- A knowledge of the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi
- A working knowledge of tikanga and te reo Māori
- Great relationship management skills with confidence in dealing with a wide range of people
- Demonstrated agility in responding to changes in priorities
- Excellent attention to detail, ability to multi-task and work well under pressure
- Initiative and a proactive approach to work supporting by strong judgment and decision making ability.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill
- Motivation and a positive and pro-active approach to your work
- Ability to stay calm in a dynamic and changing environment
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office applications
To apply for this position, click the ‘Apply Now' button, register your details and submit your cover letter and CV outlining your suitability for this role.
For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 5.00pm 22 March 2018