Head of Midwifery
Waikato Institute of Technology, Wintec
Head of Midwifery
Wintec’s Te Kura Mō Ngā Mahi Tiaki I Te Hapori (Centre for Health and Social Practice) is seeking a highly motivated Head of Midwifery to join the Centre’s inter-professional management team, based in Hamilton.
About the role
The Centre’s programmes are underpinned by a commitment to Te Tiriti o Waitangi; and an experiential approach to learning, which links education, clinical practice and personal and professional development. Importance is placed upon ensuring graduates are work-ready and well prepared to gain employment or to enhance and extend employment opportunities.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about shaping the future. Ideally, applicants will have:
- Management experience, and demonstrated leadership within a complex, fast paced, changing environment
- Demonstrated understanding of Te Tiriti o Waitangi
- A passion for supporting students to succeed
- An understanding of the tertiary education sector
Essential requirements include:
- NZ Registration as a Midwife (or eligibility to register)
- At least five years’ clinical experience
- A minimum of a postgraduate qualification, or will be working towards a Masters qualification.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of the midwifery profession and sector.
The successful applicants will have well developed interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to lead and manage a team.
Working at Wintec
Wintec continues to be one of the leading tertiary institutes by keeping up with industry trends and focusing on innovation. You’ll be supported to stay industry connected, and have generous opportunities to develop your career through the professional development opportunities available to you. Join the Centre for Health and Social Practice and take the next exciting step in your career. Lead change, shape the world at Wintec – apply now and accept a leadership challenge.
For further informaiton please click this link:
There will be no closing date for this position and the advert may be removed without notice - applications will be reviewed as received and you are encouraged to submit your application as soon as possible. Applications close when position is filled.
Location: City Campus
Closing Date: until filled