Closing Date : 22 Feb 2018
Applications are invited for the position of lecturer to teach on the Bachelor of Nursing and/or postgraduate health science qualifications. We are proud of our contemporary approaches to teaching and learning and our commitment to applied research. Our students achieve great results and are employed in a wide range of environments.
Successful applicants will join a team of experienced nurse educators committed to excellence in nursing education and student success. We are seeking new team members who can support our goal to be innovative and responsive to the exciting challenges of the tertiary education and health care environments.
- A qualification to Masters level (or in process) and a growing research portfolio
- Registration with the Nursing Council of NZ as a Registered Nurse and a current practicing certificate
- Experience working as a registered nurse in New Zealand in a broad range of practice areas
- A commitment to excellence in learning and teaching, and to the provision of high quality educational experiences for students. Previous teaching experience in a blended learning environment would be ideal.
- Excellent skills at developing relationships with students and academic and practice colleagues, and the ability to work in a team
- Ability to engage effectively and with our diverse student group
Unitec is committed to the professional and personal development of staff and encourages all staff to enhance their academic qualifications by enrolling in courses and programmes, particularly those offered by Unitec.
Unitec offers academic staff 5 weeks' annual leave, 4 weeks' professional development leave, a life insurance plan, discounted health insurance; gym membership; vet fees, osteopath fees, a family discount on Unitec Tuition Fees and more.
! The closing date is 23 February 2018.
Please note: we do not always work to fixed closing dates and may start considering applications as they are received so we encourage you to apply early. We will contact all applicants within 1 week of the job closing date.
To apply for this job, please click the apply button now or go to our job site and enter the job code .