Rangitāne Tū Mai Rā Trust
Closing Date : 22 Feb 2018
Are you an experienced professional with a great can-do attitude and excellent communication skills?
Do you have experience with Māori governance and Treaty settlements?
Are you organised and able to oversee and manage multiple relationships
The Rangitāne Tū Mai Rā Trust ("Tū Mai Rā") is seeking to appoint a General Manager to lead the day to day management of the post settlement governance entity for Rangitāne o Wairarapa and Rangitāne o Tamaki nui-ā-Rua. This role will report directly to Tū Mai Rā, and will work closely with the Rangitāne Group.
The key work areas and tasks required in the role include:
- Strategic direction, including review and development of the existing Tū Mai Rā strategic, kotahitanga and annual plans;
- Organisational development, including:
- Recruitment of required staff and resourcing;
- Review and development of appropriate policies, systems and processes;
- Infrastucture development, including:
- Development of specific plans relating to health, welfare and education for Rangitāne;
- Management of the development and implementation of Matauranga Māori Strategy to revitalise te reo Māori and Rangitāne tikanga for iwi members.
- Relationship development, including:
- Overall management of communications and engagement with the Iwi and our two Rangitāne Rūnanga;
- Building strong and robust relationships with key stakeholders, whānau, marae and hapū to achieve the goals and aspirations of Rangitāne.
- Compliance, including ensuring compliance with all aspects of the Tū Mai Rā Trust Deed, the Rangitāne settlement obligations and general legislative requirements, such as health and safety.
In addition, you will be responsible for the overall effective management of specific projects and provide direction and leadership during this critical time of development, focussing on meeting key milestones and tasks. The ability to prepare draft budgets for Tū Mai Rā approval, maintaining budget limits and manage financial reporting will be an advantage.
To be considered for this role you will have:
- Relevant qualifications in relevant business areas;
- Technological knowledge and experience;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Great communication skills; and
- Sound knowledge of Māori governance and/or Treaty settlements.
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa. An understanding of te reo Māori and tikanga Māori, and/or a willingness to learn, will be an advantage.
For more information about this role, please contact Renika Siciliano at firstname.lastname@example.org.