Family Start Team Leader & Whānau Workers (x4)
Te Manu Toroa, Tauranga
Closing Date : 24 Jan 2018
Te Manu Toroa is a Kaupapa Maori organisation delivering integrated health and social services to the Tauranga and Western Bay of Plenty area. We provide quality, accessible and affordable health care and support to whanau.
Te Manu Toroa has been successful in attaining the Family Start Contract therefore we are looking for 4 x FTE Whanau Worker’s to join our Family Start programme based in Tauranga; along with 1 x FTE Family Start Team Leader. We offer a supportive working environment, onsite supervision and full time hours Monday to Friday.
The preferred applicants will be committed team players with a passion for assisting families and their infants toward positive life outcomes, and have a desire to work with High Needs families in the community.
You will be require to have a Bachelors/Degree qualification (or equivalent) in either, Social Work, Early Childhood Education or Health and hold a current full NZ drivers license. Experience in care and protection would be an advantage.
You will have:
- Social work or community based experience in the health or social sectors
- Working knowledge of care and protection issues
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Excellent networking skills
- Time management skills
- Proficient computer skills
- Ba able to work independently and as part of a team
- Professional and “can do” attitude towards ensuring good outcomes for pepe/tamariki and their whanau
- A good understanding of Te Reo Me Ona Tikanga Maori or a willingness to learn
- Good understanding/working knowledge of local communities
- Current Annual Practicing Certificate
In addition, experience and understanding of working with Maori and high need whanau is a requirement of the position.
Te Manu Toroa is a smoke free organisation.
For a Position Description and Application Form, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org - Please specify which role you are applying for when submitting your application and request for Position Description.
Please submit applications to email@example.com
Closing Date: Wednesday 24 January 2018