House Leader (Kaiarahi) x3 - Auckland
Te Roopu Taurima o Manukau
Closing Date : 30 Jan 2018
Nau mai, haere mai (Welcome)
Values of Te Roopu Taurima embrace Aroha (Kindness), Tumanako (Action), Whakapono (Trust) and Panekiretanga (Excellence).
If you want to make a positive difference and maximise the independence for people with an intellectual impairment and/or mental health condition, and you embrace the thought of being challenged, developed and rewarded both personally and professionally, then we encourage you to apply for this role.
The position of a House Leader (Kaiarahi) is a permanent full-time opportunity to work for a national non-government organisation. Te Roopu Taurima is the largest kaupapa Maori disability support service in New Zealand and takes pride in delivering a point of difference by applying Maori tikanga (protocols) daily.
We are seeking dedicated people who bring positivity, flexibility, confidence and compassion to an organisation. The role requires sound leadership with the ability to work with a team and across a wider team of diverse groups of people, in order to provide a better life for those we support.
The successful applicant will demonstrate the following:
- Working towards or hold a minimum Level 4 Certificate in NZ Health and Wellbeing (advanced support)
- At least two years’ experience working in the Health & Disability Sector
- Frontline management or supervisor experience (desired)
- Good command of spoken and written English
- Full current NZ Drivers’ License with the ability to drive manual vehicles
- You must have a NZ citizenship or permanent residency
- A clear Ministry of Justice check
- Must be able to commit to 24/7 rotating rosters including weekends and public holidays
- Honesty, reliability and integrity at all times
- Computer literacy
- Promote and be willing to engage in the use of te reo and tikanga Maori
- No reira, mehemea ko koe tenei, nau mai, haere mai – if this sounds like the role for you, please apply online at http://www.terooputaurima.org.nz/employment/job
Call Akanksha Mishra-Dave for further information on 09 259 9031.
Te Roopu Taurima is an equal opportunity employer.
Close off date: 30th January 2018