Pasifika Support Coordinator
Closing Date : 19 Dec 2017
Lincoln University is New Zealand's specialist land-based university; future focused and providing academic programmes informed by three adopted causes of global significance: namely to, feed the world, protect the future, live well. We provide students who have a passion for land-based sciences and related disciplinary areas, with qualifications to help them pursue rewarding careers.
Right now we are looking for a highly motivated and energetic individual to join our dynamic Student Support team in the New Year.
In this role you will be involved in managing approved projects, initiatives and other activities which contribute to improved Pasifika participation, achievement and success at Lincoln University. You will be engaging directly with students, academic departments, support services and monitoring student outcomes.
This role may be right for you if you have the following knowledge or experience:
- An understanding of Pasifika cultures and peoples and their practical expression is essential
- Credibility in the Pasifika community resulting from previous experience of working effectively with Pasifika communities and organisations
- Demonstrated commitment to Pasifika development and advancement
- Proven ability to develop new initiatives and to manage a project through to conclusion in a manner that meets agreed outcomes
- Proven ability to establish and maintain strong and enduring working relationships that contribute to the achievement of organisational goals
- Proven ability to work collaboratively to achieve agreed outcomes.
A copy of the position description is available on our website.
All applications must include a completed electronic application form, CV and letter of application addressing requirements as outlined in the position description.
Please note that we will be shortlisting for this position before our Christmas closure period and will be interviewing in January 2018.
Further information please contact Arneka de Vries, Human Resources on 03 421 5437.