Programme Manager - Māori Economic Development Unit
Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE)
Closing Date : 20 Nov 2017
Are you passionate about Māori economic development, energetic and keen to make a difference? We are looking for a Programme Manager to join MBIE's Māori Economic Development Unit (MEDU). You will be a programming and procurement specialist with sole charge of the Māori Innovation Fund, designed to accelerate economic opportunities for Māori. You will be a key interface across MBIE, its partners, and Māori customers and adept at managing multiple projects and a varied workload. Your attention to detail, proven ability to get things done, diplomacy skills and strong customer service ethos will set you in good stead.
The Programme Manager is a senior role within MEDU, responsible for:-
- a) Managing and delivering the Māori Innovation Fund including procurement, programming, delivery, contract management, customer interface, policy;
- b) Ensuring delivery of the MEDU Work Programme, by providing procurement and programming advice and guidance to efficiently and effectively execute projects and initiatives to support Māori employment, enterprise, rangatahi, regions and training.
- Demonstrable experience of working with Māori culture, people and networks
- 5-10 years practical experience within project, programme and procurement management
- Strong front line customer interface/service experience
- Good writer, able to present ideas clearly and succinctly
- Highly motivated and organised self-starter
- Natural collaborator and team player, with good relationship management and communication skills
- Experience with the processes at the centre of government as well as wider government processes and protocols
- A high level of competence in using the Microsoft suite of programmes
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Must have legal right to live and work in NZ
- Fluency in Te Reo would be an asset, though not a pre-requisite.
- Experience in grant funding processes and customer interface would be an asset
MBIE works to grow the New Zealand economy to provide a better standard of living for all New Zealanders. We work with others to help businesses to be more competitive, improve job opportunities and ensure quality housing is more affordable.
These aspirations are echoed in our Māori identify - Hikina Whakatutuki - which broadly means ‘lifting to make successful'.
As the New Zealand Government's lead business-facing agency, we are changing the way government works for, and with the business.
Click on the APPLY button in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email Karen Stewart at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ref MBIE/1307706 if you have any further questions.