Career Development Consultant
Tertiary Education Commission, TEC
Closing Date : 24 Nov 2017
Migrant Futures – Work Connect
Fixed term until June 2019
The Tertiary Education Commission (“TEC”) Te Amorangi Mātauranga Matua leads the government’s relationship with the tertiary education sector and manages their investment of approximately $3 billion each year into the tertiary education system. Career Services for New Zealanders previously sat with Careers New Zealand (CNZ) for delivery and was administered by the Ministry of Education. CNZ has recently moved to became part of the TEC.
We have an exciting new opportunity to help migrants to New Zealand build the skills they need to obtain meaningful employment. This is a brand new service so you’ll be helping to develop the Work Connect programme as part of team of Career Development professionals across the country.
You will be immersed in a busy team environment providing career planning services to migrants and international students. You will build partnerships with external stakeholders, including members of migrant communities, education sector organisations, Organisations that employ migrants training advisors and government agencies. And of course you will work collaboratively with a supportive team within a dynamic organisation.
Requirements for this position:
- proven experience providing one-to-one career guidance and coaching services
- experience in, delivering training programmes, workshops and presentations at a high professional standard
- experience working with migrant communities and international students
- the ability to connect with migrant stakeholders and demonstrate culture awareness
- experience of being part of a high performing team
- great networking skills using a variety of channels (e.g. face to face, social networks etc.)
- experience in taking an idea and making it work
- a tertiary qualification in career development, education, business or social sciences, or working towards one
- full and clear driver’s license
- flexibility to travel nationally if required.
To apply please follow the application process through www.jobs.govt.nz
Applications close at 9am, Friday 24 November 2017.