Public Health Advisor
Hutt Valley DHB
Closing Date : 23 Nov 2017
Community Action Youth And Drugs
Regional Public Health
We have an exciting opportunity for a motivated and skilled person who is passionate about celebrating and improving Māori, Pacific and young people’s health in the Hutt Valley.
If you have a passion for reducing alcohol and drug-related harm to our young people in the Hutt Valley this role could be for you.
Community Action Youth And Drugs (CAYAD) goal is to reduce the harms associated with drugs through implementing evidence-based initiatives that are sustainable. We do this by working with organisations across the Hutt Valley to support them with initiatives and empower them to find solutions that address the determinants that cause alcohol and drug-related problems across our rangatahi, whānau and wider groups.
The successful applicant will have:
- Knowledge of the whānau and rangatahi living in the Hutt Valley community.
- Knowledge of the community harms from alcohol and drugs
- Understanding of best practice in youth development
- Experience in planning, implementing and evaluating community action projects
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to form partnerships with a range of stakeholders and agencies
- A good understanding of public health and health promotion
- Technical skills in evaluation, research, strategic planning and submissions
- A relevant tertiary qualification
- Knowledge of tikanga Māori and the Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
We offer a supportive workplace as well as the opportunity to make a difference to the health and wellbeing of whānau/families and communities.
Improving the health and wellbeing of our Māori and Pacific whānau and their communities are key priorities for Regional Public Health. If you have experience working with these communities we want to hear from you.
Please note you must have permanent residency or a valid long term working visa to be considered for this position.
Regional Public Health has a strong culture of supporting professional development to enable our staff to excel. We offer a flexible, friendly and fun working environment.
Please note this is a 0.8 FTE permanent position.
For further details please contact Jeremy Pupich on 04 570 9739
To apply, please visit our career site https://huttvalleydhb.careercentre.net.nz/job/public-health-advisor and use the code 3695-2017.