Teen Parenting Social Worker
Turuki Health Care
Closing Date : 30 Nov 2017
Whakamanatia te wahine hei oranga whanau
Inspiring women to raise healthy families
Turuki Health Care is a kaupapa Maori organisation delivering integrated health and social services to the wider Counties Manukau area. We provide quality, accessible and affordable health care and support to whanau.
We are looking for a Teen Parenting Social Worker to join our organisation based in the Mangere Community. We offer a supportive working environment, in office supervision and full time hours Monday to Friday.
You will be a committed team player with a passion for assisting young parents and their tamariki toward positive life outcomes.
You will be required to have a Bachelors / Degree qualification (or equivalent) in Social Work and hold a current full NZ driver's license. Experience in care and protection would be an advantage.
You will have:
- Social work or community based experience in the health or social sectors
- Ability to advocate and support teenage parents and their tamariki to improved health, education, welfare and developmental outcomes
- Knowledge of early child development
- Knowledge and skills in assessment and planning with Teen parents and whanau/families
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Excellent time management skills
- Great computer skills
- Be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Professional and "can do" attitude towards ensuring good outcomes for tamariki and their whanau.
In addition, experience and understanding of working with Maori and Pacific people and with a diverse range of cultures is a requirement of the position.
Turuki Health Care is a smoke free organisation
For a Position Description and Application Form
Please contact Sonya Davey via firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 09 280 2999
All applications must include a completed Application Form, Cover Letter and CV.
All applications must be received by 12pm Thursday 30th November 2017
Applicants for this position should have New Zealand residency or a valid New Zealand work visa.