Māori Partnerships Advisor
Closing Date : 03 Nov 2017
- Opportunity to bring Science and Māori together
- Demonstrate your exceptional people skills
- Work from Scion’s beautiful Rotorua campus
Scion is a Crown Research Institute specialising in research, science and technology development within forestry, wood products and wood-derived materials. We lead new technology development for renewables, bio-products and the establishment of a broader based bio-economy.
In this new role you will support the General Manager Research & Investments in the delivery of the Scion Māori Plan. This will require engaging with Scion staff and developing their propositions that enable Māori to grow their economic base through forestry, wood and bio-materials processing. The ideal candidate will be skilled in facilitating connections, translating information between science and commercial environments, coordinating Scion’s partnerships portfolios as well as supporting funding proposals, and project planning. In addition, we want someone enthusiastic to support our own internal capability and awareness with the coordination of the Scion Māori focus group.
What are we looking for?
- Ideally experience or interest in working within technology fields
- Experience working with Māori organisations
- Excellent Interpersonal and communication skills
- High level of computer literacy
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Exceptional administrative skills to manage a busy workload
Joining an enthusiastic team, you will play a vital role in managing relationships with Scion’s stakeholders. We are home to creative science minds and our vibrant culture ensures employees can pursue innovation and excellence in their work. We are proud to offer:
- Opportunities for a fulfilling career & professional development
- Enviable work environment on the edge of the famous Whakarewarewa Forest
- Excellent lifestyle balance initiatives
Closing date: 3rd November 2017
For further information and to apply online, please refer to our website: www.scionresearch.com