Senior Communications Advisor (social marketing)
Hutt Valley DHB
Closing Date : 23 Oct 2017
Permanent/Part Time, Fixed Term/Contract/Part Time
Unique social marketing role in Hutt Valley
- New role with plenty of scope for creativity
- Looking for a social media superstar who can also deliver the full communications package.
We’re looking for someone who is social media savvy, knows how to deliver social marketing strategies that produce results and has a ‘can-do’ attitude. Your core focus will be working on two separate areas of health that disproportionally impact on Māori and Pasific people in the Hutt Valley – smoking and rheumatic fever. Working alongside providers and NGOs, you will develop and implement a strategy that serves as a complementary umbrella campaign to the existing good work in the community.
You will also provide support to other strategic projects within the DHB, utilising your social marketing skills to help improve the health outcomes of our population. You will need to be flexible and hands-on – with skills across the communications spectrum. Ideally you will have a flair for design and be skilled in producing share-worthy material.
Excellent relationship-building skills are a must.
The role involves:
- Working with our Strategy, Planning and Outcomes team to help deliver the communications needs of their work programme.
- Leading the development of social marketing strategies, with an emphasis on social media, to engage with key audiences and encourage behaviour change.
- Facilitating a co-design process with consumers and stakeholders to ensure their voices and views form the basis of a strategy and implementation.
- Utilising up-to-date social marketing techniques and research to ensure the strategy and implementation follows best practice and achieves desired outcomes.
- Work alongside organisations delivering existing on-the-ground programmes, particularly Māori and Pasific, to ensure the strategy is fit for purpose, meets their needs and respects Tikanga.
Part of the role will involve teaching internal and external stakeholders to ‘fish’ – giving them the tools and skills to be able to continue using social media to reach their audiences for years to come.
This is an exciting role that sits within the wider communications unit at Hutt Valley DHB.
For more information please contact Anna Santos: email@example.com or 04 570 9438
Please apply online: https://huttvalleydhb.careercentre.net.nz