Kaiatawhai - Lifestyle Facilitator
Te Roopu Taurima
Closing Date : 24 Oct 2017
- WIDER PAPATOETOE AREA-
Permanent Part-time and Casual Positions
A young man in our service is looking for staff that can support him to live independently. He is looking for a flat in the wider Papatoetoe area. The support that he will need is around settling into a flatting situation, getting ready for his job and/or day in the mornings, coaching in communicating with flat mates, support in keeping himself busy and have meaningful things to do, household tasks like budgeting, cooking etc.
He is looking for people that have a good sense of humor, are straightforward and can handle a bit of attitude, remind him in a positive way of how things can be done in the best way and give him space when needed.
- A great role model and mentor
- Fun to hang out with
- Respectful, trustworthy and confident, with good communication skills
- Someone who enjoys building relationships, and making a positive impact
- A person who likes to promote independence and choice
You must have:
- A clear Ministry of Justice check.
- A full driver’s licence.
- New Zealand Citizenship or Permanent residency
- Flexibility to work across various shifts including evenings, weekends.
A commitment to a tikanga Maori approach to your work or be willing to learn.
Experience in mentoring and coaching young adults, would be an advantage.
Te Roopu Taurima is a kaupapa Maori organisation determined to make a real difference by supporting whanau to live great lives in their own way. No reira, mehemea ko koe tenei, nau mai, haere mai - if this sounds like the role for you, please apply online at http://www.terooputaurima.org.nz/employment/jobs
Te Roopu Taurima is an Equal Opportunity Employer
For further information call Akanksha Mishra-Dave on 09 259 9031
Closing date: 24th October 2017