Closing Date : 25 Sep 2017
Rural Value Chain Resilience
We are looking for a postdoctoral fellow to participate in a Rural Supply Chain Resilience Program at Scion Rotorua. This is a 0.5 FTE position, available as a fixed-term two year contract.
Scion is a Crown Research Institute specialising in research, science and technology development for the forestry industry, wood products and wood-derived materials. We lead new technology development for renewables, waste, bioproducts and energy and the establishment of a broader based bio-economy.
As part of the Value Chain Optimisation team, the postdoctoral fellow will participate in a multi-institutional project that studies rural supply chain resilience in order to enhance their capability to react to natural hazards. The work will include literature reviews, qualitative and quantitative data gathering and analysis, co-supervision of postgraduate students and other ad hoc research and administrative activities. The work will contribute to the National Science Challenge Resilience to Nature’s Challenges programme.
What are we looking for?
- A team player who is motivated and enthusiastic about science.
- A PhD (or nearly completed PhD) in supply chain management, economics or another relevant numerical science area.
- Proven skill with data collection tools, databases and statistical analysis and mathematical modelling.
- Good verbal communication and technical writing skills.
- The ability to learn new concepts quickly.
- Willingness to travel to research sites and project partners.
- An understanding of Maori tikanga and/or skill in Te Reo would be an advantage but is not essential to the role.
We are home to creative science minds and have a vibrant culture ensuring employees can pursue innovation and excellence in their science delivery. With its head office based on the edge of Rotorua's world famous Whakarewarewa forest, Scion also offers an enviable working environment with excellent work/life balance initiatives. Rotorua is one of New Zealand's leading tourist destinations owing to its outstanding natural environment and proximity to coastal beaches and inland lakes, native forests, geothermal areas and volcanic ski-fields.
Scion is proud to offer:
- Opportunities for a fulfilling career that enables outcomes for New Zealand
- Continuous professional development; and
- A demonstrated commitment to Good Employer/EEO principles.
Closing Date: 25 September 2017
For further information and to apply online, please refer to our website: www.scionresearch.com.