Director, Education Plus - Mātauranga Ake
University of Canterbury
Closing Date : 24 Sep 2017
College of Education, Health and Human Development
- Full-time at 37.5 hours per week (1.0 FTE)
- Three year, fixed-term position
UC Education Plus, College of Education, Health and Human Development provides high quality professional learning and development to leaders and teachers in schools and early childhood centres in the South Island and also in areas of the North Island.
The Director of Education Plus will be responsible for all externally funded contracts, meeting contract outcomes and client satisfaction. You will have the ability to lead people in new and innovative ways through a period of change, build positive relationships with key stakeholders, partners and iwi.
To be successful in this role, applicants will require:
- significant experience in the education sector
- a clear understanding of national educational priorities and of effective professional learning and development
- a high level of business acumen with the ability to manage finances
- cultural competence and confidence and an understanding of tikanga and te Reo Māori
- a track record in senior leadership and management with capability to build and maintain effective relationships with external agencies, iwi and communities.
Advocacy amongst a wide range of stakeholders built on strong networking and communication skills is essential. Proven ability to leverage the strong reputation of the College of Education, Health and Human Development and Education Plus for the benefit of staff, the University and its educational communities is central to this role. Crucial to this will be innovative ideas, the achievement of excellence, as well as meeting the obligations of the Treaty of Waitangi.
Download the full position description.
The University of Canterbury is committed to promoting a world-class learning environment through research and teaching excellence, and has a vision statement of 'Tangata Tū, Tangata Ora- People Prepared to Make a Difference'.You will have the opportunity to work alongside members of a diverse academic community and enrich your own professional and personal development.
For information about the range of benefits in joining UC please visit us online at: http://www.canterbury.ac.nz/joinus
The closing date for this position is Sunday, 24 September 2017.
Applications for this position should include a cover letter, resume and any additional attachments combined into one document and submitted online https://ucvacancies.canterbury.ac.nz