Dispute Resolution Coordinator(Employment)
MBIE, Ministry of Business, Innovation & Employment
Closing Date : 27 Aug 2017
- Essential to be able to work as part of a team
- Employment resolution case management position
- High volume role
- Two permanent positions, one in Auckland and another in Wellington
We are looking for a bright, capable individualto join our high-performing team of employment case coordinators.
As the Dispute Resolution Coordinator (Employment) you will be responsible for scheduling mediations, establishing the nature of the employment relationship problem between the parties and give general information on problem resolution and how best to proceed with their issue.
This is a high volume role and it is essential that you are able to manage case files and work effectively as part of a team.
You will also be required to participate in workload priority setting, the assignment of cases, manage Mediators diaries, arrange travel, meeting venues, handle administrative matters, and record/ file management for cases through to resolution.
Do you have what it takes?
- Experience working in a case coordination/service delivery environment
- Ability to communicate with a range of contacts including members of the public, employment advocates, members of the legal profession and support staff at the Employment Relations Authority and Employment Court in order to provide timely client services
- Ability to discuss and identify issues and problems arising in an employment relationship
- Conceptual and analytical skills to critically assess issues
- Sound administrative and organisational skills
- Ability to prioritise where unpredicted and urgent requests arise
- Computer literacy including Microsoft Office suite
- Experience working in a regulated system
- Ability to self-manage and work without direct supervision
- An understanding of the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi in a service delivery environment
- A working knowledge and understanding of relevant current employment legislation
To apply for this role, click on the "Apply Now" button to read and download the position description. Please apply directly online, complete the application form and submit your CV and cover letter outlining your suitability for this role.
Please indicate in your cover letter clearly which location that you are keen to be considered for, Auckland, Wellington or both.
If you have any queries please contact Monica Chow at Monica.Chow2@mbie.govt.nz
Applications close at 5.00pm on Sunday 27th August 2017.