Digital Content Advisor - Kaiwhakahaere ā-ipurangi
Ngā Taonga Sound & Vision
Closing Date : 02 Jun 2017
He mea whai take te pūranga taonga nā te whai take hoki nō ngā mea tuku iho. Kei ngā pūranga e puritia ana ā tātou kōrero, e toka ai ngā mea i pā ki a tātou, kō wai rā tātou, ko wai tātou ināianei. He whakarangatira tāna i tō tātou mana ā-iwi me tō tātou aro hoki ki ngā tikanga a iwi kē.
Archives matter because history matters. Archives hold our stories, give us evidence about what has happened, who we were and who we are. They enrich our sense of identity and our understanding of our cultures.
Ngā Taonga Sound & Vision is New Zealand’s audiovisual archive. We save and cherish the stories, creativity and history of Aotearoa New Zealand in sound and moving images. With strong values of connection, creativity and conservation our purpose is to collect, share and care for New Zealand's audiovisual taonga. Our kaupapa expresses our commitment to the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi and reflects Māori and Pakehā perspectives, language and aspirations. It guides the way we work with each other, with audiovisual taonga and with those connected with it.
The Digital Content Advisor - Kaiwhakahaere ā-ipurangi will provide content, development and administration services with a strong focus on our website, social media channels and communication databases. We are looking for a suitably qualified and energetic person for this influential role as we seek to re-imagine outreach activities and connect with a wide audience base through digital technologies.
The Digital Content Advisor - Kaiwhakahaere ā-ipurangi will directly contribute to the following strategic outcomes:
- Nationwide access and engagement – by ensuring web and social media content is engaging and accessible
- Valuable and active contribution to education – by supporting the development of online education programmes
What are we looking for?
- A relevant tertiary qualification, or equivalent experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working with digital technologies such as Ruby on Rails and Refinery
- Minimum 2 years’ experience creating engaging content for social media
- 2-3 years’ experience delivering integrated marketing and communications strategies
- Experience using Indesign and Photoshop
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills
- A high level of personal motivation, initiative and adaptability
- The ability to think innovatively, independently and as part of a team
What is in it for you?
- Working with people who are passionate about what they do and are eager to share their passion and knowledge with others
- Great opportunities for career progression and professional development
- Exciting projects to get involved in
- An environment that encourages creativity and innovation
For further information or a confidential conversation about this position please contact Diane Pivac 04 896 4830.