Accounts Officer - Auckland
Te Roopu Taurima
Closing Date : 29 May 2017
Haere mai, nau mai, piki mai, nga waka, nga mana, nga reo, nau mai!
Permanent Full-Time Position
We are currently advertising a great opportunity for someone with a can do attitude to join our small accounts team in the role of Assistant Accountant, based at our national office in Auckland.
Reporting to the CFO/Head of Corporate Services, this pivotal role will act as that right hand person to the Financial Accountant for all our financial analytical reporting, month end reconciliations, and general ledger accounting. This is a very busy role and expectations are high to ensure the quality of work standards are sustained and key financial objectives are achieved for the year.
The finance department and senior management team are heavily reliant on the accuracy of financial reporting to complete end of month deadlines. This role will also liaise with the Assets team to support the accuracy of capital expenditure, the Payroll team during internal auditing, and also manages the new infringement process. You will need to be comfortable working under pressure, and the requirement will also be to implement best practice process improvements where appropriate. You will need to be a quick learner with a logical mind and good excel skills.
Our ideal candidate will bring the following key skills and experiences to the role:
- Studying towards a relevant tertiary qualification
- Proficient user of Greentree, excel, and MYOB Exo
- 2 years relevant work experience in a similar role
- An analytical person who has good communication skills to provide solutions to challenges.
- A person who can initiate and support the ongoing development and implementation of systems and processes.
- Someone who acts with integrity at all times and is able to remain calm and professional in the face of adversity.
- Someone who can commit to a tikanga Maori approach to their work. Knowledge of te reo Maori would also be an advantage.
You must have:
- Full New Zealand drivers licence.
- Clear Ministry of Justice check.
We are a kaupapa Maori service that proudly supports people of all ethnicities with an intellectual impairment. As a kaupapa Maori service we strive to make a difference in the lives of the people we support by surrounding them with a caring environment based on Maori values and practices. The service appeals to a wide range of people of different ethnicities because of our philosophy of accepting and valuing all people.
No reira, mehemea ko koe tenei, nau mai, haere mai – if this sounds like the role for you, please apply online at http://www.terooputaurima.org.nz/employment/jobs
Te Roopu Taurima is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further information call Akanksha Mishra-Dave on 09 259 9031
Closing date: 29th May 2017