Kaiarahi (House Leader) - Whangarei
Te Roopu Taurima
Closing Date : 29 May 2017
Haere mai, nau mai, piki mai, nga waka, nga mana, nga reo, nau mai!
Permanent – Fulltime Position
If you want to make a positive difference by supporting people with intellectual impairments and /or mental health conditions in their everyday lives then this could be the role for you. We are looking for a fit and active male to provide leadership and support for young male tangata (people we support) with high and complex needs.
The role requires the person to have the ability to lead and work within a team to ensure the smooth daily running of the whare (home). The successful candidate will proactively support the achievement of wellness and lifestyle goals of the tangata. You will also be able to efficiently manage whare resources, provide regular reports, champion health and safety and complete whare administrative work.
As a kaupapa Maori service we strive to make a difference in the lives of the people we support by surrounding them with an empowering environment based on Maori values and practices. The service appeals to a wide range of people because of our philosophy of accepting and valuing all people.
The key requirements of this role are:
- Minimum Level 4 Certificate in Human Services, health or an equivalent
- At least two years experience working in the Disability Sector
- Frontline management or supervisor experience is essential
- Good command of spoken and written English
- Full current NZ Driver’s License with the ability to drive manual vehicle
- You must have New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency
- A clear Ministry of Justice check
- Must be able to commit to 24/7 rotating roster including weekends and public holidays
- Absolute honesty and reliability
- Computer literacy
- Ability to speak te reo Maori and a working understanding of tikanga Maori would be an advantage.
No reira, mehemea ko koe tenei, nau mai, haere mai – if this sounds like the role for you, please apply online at http://www.terooputaurima.org.nz/employment/jobs
Te Roopu Taurima is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further information call Akanksha Mishra-Dave on 09 259 9031
Closing date: 29th May 2017