Advisor - External Appointments
Te Rūnanga o Ngāi Tahu
Closing Date : 28 May 2017
Permanent, Part time (0.65FTE)
Kia hiwa rā!
An exciting opportunity has become available to support the Ngāi Tahu appointees to external boards, in the newly developed role of Advisor - External Appointments.
Reporting to the Kaitohutohu Whakapakari Pūkenga the role will provide efficient and effective support to Ngāi Tahu appointees on external boards. This extends to the responsibility of coordinating the recruitment and induction process for all appointees as well as the coordination of pastoral support and professional development opportunities.
You will work closely with key internal staff and Kaitohutohu Whakapakari Pūkenga to ensure that the appointees are provided with the required support to undertake their responsibilities as representatives of Ngāi Tahu.
Attributes of the successful candidate will include:
- At least 3 Years coordination or administration experience in HR
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of governance, government (central and local), employment at a strategic and operations level is essential
- Advanced user of CRM, Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
- Experience in showing discretion and upholding confidentiality
- Confident and professional communicator, able to liaise effectively with a range of people working in a wide range of environments
- Well organised, able to determine priorities and work to deadlines
- Is familiar with the Treaty of Waitangi and its application to the work of Te Rūnanga o Ngāi Tahu
- An strong awareness of and affinity for the needs, values and aspirations of Ngāi Tahu Whānui
An understanding of tikanga and te reo Māori will support you in this high client contact and relational role. We provide a safe and supportive learning environment for kaimahi to develop their tikanga and te reo Māori skills.
This is an exciting and rare opportunity to support our Ngāi Tahu leaders. We are a highly reputable, thriving organisation, striving towards enriching the lives of current and future generations; whānau are at the heart of everything we do. If this sounds like the role for you please do not hesitate to apply.
To apply please follow the link below. For confidential enquiries, please contact Sara Smith, HR Advisor - People and Culture, 03 974 0029. Please view this link for further information.
Nau mai, haere mai, tauti mai!
Job Details: Reference # 9082