Māori Student Liaison Officer
Closing Date : 16 Jun 2017
Lincoln University is New Zealand’s specialist land-based university; future focused and providing academic programmes informed by three adopted causes of global significance: namely, feed the world, protect the future, live well.
We provide students who have a passion for land-based sciences and related disciplinary areas, with qualifications to help them pursue rewarding careers.
Right now we are looking for a highly motivated and energetic individual to join our dynamic Student Liaison team.
The role involves successfully promoting our full range of specialist courses to prospective Māori students and influencers, including secondary schools, community and Iwi groups, employers and gap year organisations. You will be on the move, attending careers and programme specific events within your designated territory. Flexibility around hours of work and travel is required and you will need to have a current full drivers licence.
This role may be right for you if you:
- are confident interacting with Māori people, schools, communities and organisations
- can speak Te Reo and have a good understanding of tikanga Māori and ability to apply this in various contexts
- have,established networks within Māori schools, organisations, businesses, hapū and iwi
- have a tertiary qualification (preferred) or a minimum of three years commensurate commercial experience
- can demonstrate previous success in sales or customer service, and developing and maintaining productive relationships
- have initiative and a determination to succeed, with proven ability to set and achieve goals
- Present well to a variety of audiences.
For initial inquiries on the role please contact Jaime.Thomson@lincoln.ac.nz or contact Human Resources on +64 3 423 0313.
Applications must be made online and include an application form, CV and cover letter addressing requirements as outlined in the position description. Please view this link for further information.
Applications for this position close 5pm, 16 June 2017.
Lincoln University is an EEO employer and actively seeks to meet its obligations under the Treaty of Waitangi